Monday 17 January 2011

Images by me

Choosing the final images for the first assignment has been very difficult as I have so many.  These are a few images that I really like but unfortunately they did not make it into my final images.

1/200 F10 ISO 200
This is a lovely image of a lizard taken on the island of Bonaire in the Caribbean.  Unfortuneately there is a shadow across the picture which spoils it but the focus and the bluring of the background is good.

1/125 F13

Woodlands in the style of Ansel Adams.  When I first started to research Ansel Adams I found many images of trees taken in the same style as this one. I have taken many images like this one but they all had too much foreground in them and then I found the crop tool which has allowed me to crop the image.



1/1250 F 5-6

This image of a swan is very similar to one done by Robert Carter I have included the picture in my research.  I have used photoshop to zoom in slightly on this image and the crop tool to square the picture.  The large aperture has allowed great focus on the swan and tiny droplets of water can be seen.  A fast shutter speed was needed for exposure as it was a sunny day and this was taken with a large aperture.

1/800  F/8


Reflections.  This is a really nice image using the composition aspect of reflections.  The image was only there for a minute and then the sun went in.




1/320 F13


Taken on a snowy morning at Hoar Cross an interesting shaped tree and stream which guides you through the picture.  I have used a small aperture to focus on the whole image and a fast shutter speed was needed with the extreme weather conditions.

1 comment: