Thursday 13 January 2011

Faye Heller

When I first looked at Faye Hellers work I did initially think how bazaar.  It was not until I looked at many of her images I started to see something I quite liked.  Faye Heller produces Montages by separating pictures of architecture and the female form like eyes, hair and legs.

Faye Heller Montages take on a 1950 film concept done mainly in black and white although sometimes adding blocks of bold colours within the image.  At first I thought that the work was put together in photoshop by chopping the images cut and paste.  The images are actually created by using her own archives and splitting the images and arranging them until she has the final picture, she then photographs the picture to create the final image.

Faye Heller's style is contemporary and she has exhibited alone and in groups in Holland Italy and London.


This first image is my favorite Faye Heller Montage.  I love the sweeping lines of the staircase which is complemented really well with the very peaceful image of the girl. She has used the composition aspect of lines and the Rule of Thirds within this image and I think it shows great shape and form with a lovely tonal range. A really lovely piece of contemporary art. This image is a good example how art can create mood and when looking at this image I think it creates a very relaxed mood.


Another brilliant montage using the lines of a staircase and female eyes.  This image uses straight lines within the staircase and focuses just on the eyes of the girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment