Monday 24 January 2011

FINAL IMAGES FOR UNIT 108 DIGITAL IMAGE MANIPULATION

These are my four images for Unit 108 Digital Image Manipulation.  I have chosen my daughter Molly to be my theme as you will see she appears in all of the manipulated images.  I have used photoshop cs3 and cs5 to manipulate the following images.




I was inspired by Helen Sear's 'Inside a View' collection for this image.  This was acheived by two images being layered.  The first image is the sunset and the silhouette shape of my daughter Molly which was taken with a small aperture which has limited the light and shot a lovely silhouette shape and captured the sunset in the background.  I then layered the second image on top of the flowers.  The flower image was a butterfly which I had to remove as it appeared across the silhouette. To layer an image you select all of the image and copy and paste the image onto the first image.  I then played around with the Opacity until I got the desired effect.




This image was inspired by an image I saw whilst watching the television although the main elements of the picture are totally different.  I started with the beach scene applied a grid to the image to ensure all the squares were the same size.  I then used the filters Sponge and Rough Pastels alternatively to create the patchwork image.  I then used the magnetic lasso tool around the Image of Molly and copy and paste her into the patchwork image.  I then flattened the image to create the new final image. 




This image was acheived by desaturating the image and then using the history brush to paint the leaf back the original colour.  This image was acheived by going into Image then adjustments. Desaturate.  I then used the history brush tool and painted over the part of the image I wanted the original colour back.




In this image inspired by Julia Fullerton Batten I have copy and paste three images of molly into the original image.  I first loaded the background image shot in St Lucia.  I then loaded three seperate pictures of Molly and used the magnetic lasso around the outside.  I then copy and paste that image into the background image.  I then went into edit, transform scale and this allows you to adjust the size of the copy and paste image.  I then repeated this process with the other two images.



No comments:

Post a Comment