Tuesday 25 January 2011

Evaluation of Unit 108 Digital Manipulation

When deciding which option to do, Digital Manipulation or Dark Room  my initial choice was dark room as I have always wanted to know how it all works.  I did however choose digital manipulation as the rest of the group chose manipulation and I knew I would be able to do dark room in the future.  At this time I thought that manipulation was all about producing humorous images which did not really have much appeal to me.

When starting to use photo shop and seeing how just cropping an image could really improve it I started to become more interested.  After researching famous photographers like Faye Heller, Helen Sear and Julia Fullerton Batten my interest in digital manipulation grew.   I realised that manipulation was not just about humour but could be used to create really powerful art.

I am now looking forward to learning more about the tools within photo shop for digital manipulation.

No comments:

Post a Comment