Sunday 2 January 2011

Images by me in the style of Dennis Morris

Over the last few months I have discovered that I really like landscape and street photograpy and here are a few images captured over the last month during my travels around some caribbean islands.  I have also included some shots in Jamaica in February earlier in 2010.




ISO 400  1/200  F18

This image was shot at a distance so I have used photo shop to zoom in on the image and also the crop tool. 

Image taken in a local neighbourhood up in the mountains in St Lucia. I really like the colours within this image.






ISO 200   1/320    F/9

I really like this image of three workmen casually talking.  To me this image shows the relaxed way of life of the caribbean, everything is done at a really slow pace.

Image taken in a small village in Bonaire.



ISO 400   1/250   F/13

Raskassa's Art Gallery.

Image taken on the edge of a small town in Aruba.
This image captures the way of life in the caribbean this shows a local art gallery.



ISO 400  1/200   F/18
Although this image is quite dark I really love the Jamaican colours of the shirt and hat shot close to the rain forest in Dominica. A very low key tone with some vibrant colours.





ISO 400  1/1250   F5.6   This image of the Djembe Drummer has been turned Black and White in photo shop.  Taken on a dull day in Antigua I have used a small aperture and blurred out the background.
 



This image of a bar in Jamaica captures the way of life in the caribbean.

No comments:

Post a Comment