Sunday 23 January 2011

FINAL IMAGES

These are my final images for Assignment 101 Image Capture.  All these images are shot with my Nikon D90 and lens 18 - 105mm which is my only lens.  I always assure that my battery is charged fully and I have a spare memory card and my tripod if possible whenever I go out with my camera.

Reflective Swan 1/2500 F5.6 ISO 640

This image was shot on the River Trent in Stapenhill Gardens.  It was a beautiful sunny Autumn day with some cloud.  This is a really nice image, the swan is fluffing its feathers which catch the light and this reflects in the water.  I have used a large aperture for this image F 5.6, which has allowed me great focus on the swan.  The fast shutter speed 1/2500 was needed as the light shining down on the swan and the large aperture could have caused the image to be over exposed.  I have cropped this image across the top which allows the eye to focus on the swan making a more powerful image.

This image illustrates many of the key composition aspects as well as representing great shape and form with the light casting a shadow in the water.  Lines are present with the moving water and patten and texture is seen within the water movement created by the fast shutter speed.  This image was taken at a low angle to get at the same level of the swan and has a nice balance with the moving water, swan and the out of focus plant in the corner of the image.

Flower Focus 1/4000  F 5.3  ISO 400

This beautiful caribbean flower was shot in Bonaire in the caribbean.  It was shot on a very hot day in the bright midday sun.  I have used a large aperture which has allowed me to focus on the flower and the leaves as the distance remains out of focus.  I have used a high shutter speed which was needed to limit the bright midday sun into the large aperture.  I have cropped this image slightly across the bottom which allowed me to remove a dead looking leaf although it was still a great image without any cropping.

This image shows the composition elements of balance, focus and colour as the position, focus and colour of the flower is really good.  It shows a line element as the veins in the leaf are very focused and the sharp focus has showed the patten and textures within the flower off beautifully.  The flower has a nice shape and form with the highlights and shadows casting across the image.  I really love the bluring of the background of this image but I think this was helped with the humidity of being in the caribbean climate.



Lonely Lizard  1/400  F 10  ISO 200

This image of a lizard was shot in a bar in Bonaire whilst getting some shade from the hot caribbean sunshine.  There were a few lizards running around on a nearby wall with bright red and yellow building in the background.  Unfortunately I have just realised whilst finding the aperture and shutter speed settings using Nikon Capture that I think I have shot this on auto.  I am still including this image in my final images as I feel sure I could have shot a similar shot to this one using the manual settings and I have eight final images whilst only six are needed. 

I very nice image which illustrates the compostion aspect of focus and colour.  I have captured the lizard as he appears to be looking right at me.  I have still used manual focus as I remember doing so and have focused on the lizard whilst bluring out the surrounding area.  I have used the crop tool in photoshop to crop the top of the image making the lizard more powerful.




Sunset  1/2000  F 16  ISO 400



This image was shot just of the coast of Antiqua at sunset.  I have shot this image directly into the sun and the high shutter speed and smaller aperture have worked well together to give a good exposure.  I have cropped the image across the top of the picture which has removed the sun in the distance but a line of light still remains right through the image as the sun is shining down on the sea.

This image illustrates the composition aspect of colour showing the beautiful orange of the sky at sunset.  The aspect of lines and reflection is also present with the line of light through the sea which guides your eyes completely through the image.  The boat which is just entering into the line of light shows a nice balance being a third of the way into the image.  This image shows patten and texture within the sea and creates the feeling of calm.

Flight  1/3200 F 5.6  ISO 400


This image was shot on a fine sunny autumn day in Stapenhill Gardens by the river.  Whilst walking by the river some children came to feed the ducks which caused a frenzy of birds.  I set my controls using a wide aperture to enable me to focus on the birds and a really fast shutter speed was needed due to the bright day and the speed the birds were moving.  I took a few images checked the exposure, and spent a couple of minutes shooting birds at a very quick pace.

This image shows narrow depth of field as only the bird is in sharp focus.  I have cropped the image across the top which has produced a more detailed and powerful image within the bird.  I love the detail in the wings which has a nice patten and texture and the colour of the beak and legs.  I think the image has nice shape and form of the bird against the out of focus background.  I also love the way the light seems to shine through the wings, highlighting the patten and texture within the image.


Birds  1/3200  F 5.6   ISO 400

Another image shot at the same time as the previous image whilst walking by the river on a sunny autumn day.  More birds are captured in this image but there are two which are in sharp focus at the forefront of the image.  The detailing on these birds shows lovely patten and texture and it shows good tonal balance of the birds against the background.  I have cropped this image at the top which has resulted in a powerful image.

Winter Road  1/125  F13  ISO 640

This image was shot on a winter morning at Hoar Cross.  This shot was taken early in the morning just after the sunrise.  I set my ISO at 640 because it was quite dark when I first started shooting.  Shot with quite a small aperture which has given a wide depth of field and also ensured exposure which can be a little tricky in extreme weather conditions like snow.   I have desaturated this image using digital manipulation.

This image illustrates the composition aspect of lines with not only the road guiding your eyes through the image but also the tyre tracks in the snow on the road.  The tyre tracks also add patten and texture to the image together with the trees.  I have shot this image at a really low angle which allowed the detail of tyre tracks in the road and also to capture more of the road going through the trees.  This image also shows a nice balance within the rule of thirds and has a nice tonal range.


Catch of Light  1/320  F 13 ISO 640


This image was shot on a winter morning as the sun was rising in the sky.  This image shot with a quite small aperture allowing for a wide depth of field.  A fast shutter speed was needed to gain the correct exposure in the extreme weather conditions.  The sun is shining through a circle shape within the tree where two branches cross over each other.  The fast shutter speed helped with shooting into the sun and I love the way the sun shines out in a star shape.

This image shows really nice patten and texture thoughout the image with a good tonal range. The patten of the snow coloured branches are all around the image guideing your eyes around the image. The tonal value between the trees and the snow is really nice and I love the way the snow lays on the top of the tree trunk.  The sun shot through the trees shows a nice balance within the image being shot at a third of the way across the image.

Health and Safety

Whilst taking these images all health and safety aspects were considered.  Every care was taken whilst photographing near water and on the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment