Monday 1 November 2010

Initial Ideas and Brainstorming

Autumn Theme

  • Colourful trees and landscape images
  • Halloween
  • Leaf Arrangements in the style of Andy Goldsworthy
  • Molly and the Leaves
  • Use Photoshop to make leaves more red or orange
  • Harvest Festival, close up image of squash, pumpkin, cabbage etc
  • Woodland images

Christmas Theme - Images relating to Christmas

  • Christmas Food
  • Christmas Trees
  • Snow landscape images
  • Snow men images
  • Lights
  • Decorations

Weather Theme - Showing images taken during different weather conditions. 

  • Autumn Images
  • Winter Images
  • Sunset Images taken in the caribbean

I have decided to choose the theme Autumn providing I can get all my images taken before the leaves leave the trees and disappear into winter.  I have choosen this theme instead of my other ideas because I did not want to wait until christmas to shoot my final images.  I really liked the weather theme and as I am going to the caribbean in December that would have given me the opportunitity to fit summer into the final folio of images.

I have already been out with my camara on a practise shoot in woodlands to practise using the shutter speed and aperture relationship.  I would like to create a landscape picture in the style of Ansel Adams using a really small aperture and using my tripod a slow shutter speed to capture the detail in all the frame of the shot.  I have also been thinking of ideas in the style of Andy Goldsworthy using leaves to create an image showing texture and colour.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Deb, loving your ideas and it's gtreat to hear you've been off out exploring and making pictures...i look forward to seeing them! I have some books you may be interested in, will bring them along on wednesday, see you then :)

    ReplyDelete